TERMS OF SERVICE FOR PERSONAL COMMISSIONS
1. GENERAL TERMS
• All artworks include my signature, which must not be removed.
• I can draw the commission live on stream or share elsewhere, if not agreed otherwise, e.g. the commission is a gift, etc.).
• Prices could change depending on the special requests you have. See COMMISSIONS for more.
• I have the right to reject any order for any reason.
• I accept CZK USD or EUR currency, payment is primarily via PayPal, or via invoice if we agree on it beforehand.
• Commissions can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval.
○ If the price of the commission doesn't exceed 1500CZK / $60, you can only pay 100% upfront.
• Don't send me any payment before I have agreed to give you a slot and requested you to send me the payment.
3. PROCESS AND DELIVERY
• When working on your commission, I will do my best to satisfy your wishes and do revisions for you (more at point 4)
• During the revisions, I will send you the work in progress and these files will be of lower quality than the final work.
• The time it takes to finish your commission varies, but it is usually from 1 week to 2 months. Over 1 month, it is usually only for unexpected reasons such as illness, family matters, etc.
• Once the artwork is done, you will receive a full resolution image along with a version that is suitable for sharing on the Internet. I DO NOT SEND physical copies, but of course you can print the artwork yourself in copyshops, etc. (more at point 5).
• Four revisions are included in the price, others may cost you extra. A fee will also be added if you want something changed on the final drawing - unless a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
5. COPYRIGHT AND USAGE
• I, Šárka Štvrtňová (the artist):
• I reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for any reason.
• I retain all copyrights over the commissioned artwork.
• I will not claim the intellectual property (IP) of the commissioned artwork
• I reserve the right to post the commissioned artwork online, in my portfolio and other places
• You (the customer/commissioner):
• You may upload the commissioned artwork on any website and social channels.
• You may print the artwork for yourself as a physical print.
• You may NOT make profits from the commissioned piece (reselling, redistributing, making and selling prints, etc.)
• You may NOT alter the commissioned artwork without my (the artist's) consent.
• You retain the rights to the intellectual property (IP).
• You may NOT use the commissioned artwork for commercial purposes.
• The following is considered copyright infringement:
○ Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially - means making money off it in any way not excluded from these terms.
○ Claiming the artwork as your own
○ Removing my signature from the artwork
○ Altering the artwork without my consent
The sketch I provide for you cannot be finished by another artist, this is in violation of my artistic identity.
5.1 COPYRIGHT AND USAGE WITH PREVIOUS AGREEMENT
If you want to use the artwork for your merch or other design, product, or monetize the piece in any other way - in this case you have to let me know BEFORE the order STARTS and we will discuss the options.
6. CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
• The buyer has the right to a full refund only if I can't complete the order for some reason, or I can't fulfill the customer's initial wish, or I no longer want to proceed. In that case, I will refund the full amount to the buyer.
• The buyer has the right to decide to cancel the order only before I start the color processing, in the case of a sketch this option does not exist. After cancellation, I return a maximum of half of the amount paid, according to the time spent on the artwork. I will let the buyer know the process of my orders in advance or they can find it on my website shown using an example.
• If you are getting a refund, do not request a Paypal chargeback. I will transfer the money back to you myself.
• If you request a Paypal chargeback at any point when you were not allowed to ask for a refund you will lose all aforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and I will have the full right to profit further from it in any way. I will decline the chargeback and supply Paypal with these terms and our conversations in which we talk about the commission as evidence that I have completed work for you. Furthermore, you will be blacklisted for commissioning me again.
If the buyer violates any of the rights mentioned above, they will lose all the rights mentioned above to the artwork ordered from me, Šárka Štvrtňová (artist), and I will have the full right to continue to earn from the commission as I wish. If you have a problem with any of these statements, please do not order a commission.
What do you get?
• Drafts/mockups that you must decide which one I should continue with (depending on the complexity of the commission there might be fewer or more drafts).
• Sketch and/or final sketches that you must accept before I continue the work.
• Insight and involvement in color plan (depending on the complexity of the commissioned piece).
• Full-resolution file (approx. 400x500mm at 300 DPI) of final drawing and a smaller 72DPI version for internet upload. *Emotes will be a little different. Final file formats are usually PNG or JPEG. I can provide you with a PDF if you're planning on printing the artwork for yourself.
*In the case of emotes, the same rights apply, and I will send you any size you wish, but the basic size you always get is 800x800px, 300DPI